Sunday, November 9, 2008

Go Utes!

Well, to start things off we have a few announcements!!!

1 - Go Utes!!!! A gutsy perfomance on Thursday against TCU. Looking forward to Nov 22.

2 - Congrats to Hill's brother Nick on his engagement to his fiance Lindsay. We are waiting for pictures and as soon as we get them, we will get them posted.

3 - Congrats to Claire for her future roll as big sister.

4 - The reason there are no pictures of the Carter side is because Hill doesn't take pictures.

5 - Go Utes!


Now on to the pictures. Like I said earlier, we were so happy to add Natalie to our family just a few short weeks ago. Nice job Kevin. We knew she was a keeper when she shunned you to join us for an episode of Lost.



Good looking couple


Yes Nat, believe it or not, you did just say yes. We had no idea about all the break ups. Thanks for sticking with him. Can't imagine our family without you.



Great wedding lunch. No reception. Talk about the way to go. Best story was the one about Kevin wearing color-coordinated sweats - red, green, yellow, blue. He finally came to the realization that this wasn't cool (after some prompting from his loving siblings) when he exclaimed "I need jeans!" This story has been a family favorite for years. Nice job Kev.



With some careful planning, this could be you guys in seven years. Nat, you inherited some great nieces and nephews. We are excited to add another one next May.


Nat, the ladies of the Dahle fam welcome you with open arms (we appreciate Leeah for smiling)

Kev, that's a stiff wind you are walking into.


For those of you who didn't know, Kevin is a closet romantic. He delivered these flowers to Nat on the morning of the wedding. Luckily he did. I hear it was what finally put her over the top and made her say yes.


Strong work Kev on some very cool flowers.

Hill his missing her right leg in this picture. Luckily we found it later.

Of course Claire was sick on the day of the wedding. She ran around most of the day with a bib on to catch the drool and protect the dress. She was just plumb tuckered out come lunchtime. This is one of the rare times that she has fallen asleep in my arms in the last year.


I must be married to the most beautiful woman in the world!!!


Love my girls!
We had a great time taking these pictures of Claire before she finally crashed.









Claire loved trying on all of grandmas necklaces. Her favorite seems to have been the large gold money sign. Hill found it stashed in the suitcase as she was packing for home. We of course made Claire return it and apologize to grandma.
The ZOO Crew

The day before the wedding we took the cousins to the zoo. At this time in the journey, everyone may or may not have been having a good time.

Claire loves giraffes. She kept asking "what does the giraffe say?" Anyone? Anyone? Does anyone know what the giraffe says? I was stumped.

Claire had a great time with her cousin Kinsley.

And just a few more pictures to round out the post.

"Oh mom, come and get me!"

"Sorry Claire, I am to nauseated. Your little brother is making me sick!!!"

"Fine mom, but I'm not happy about it one bit. I am even less happy about this booger hanging from my nose."

We wish Kins could give Claire hugs more often. Come visit soon Kins. We love you.

And last, but definitely not least, we met our sweet cousin/niece Hadley. She could not be cuter. We love you Hadley.

Well, that about wraps it up. We love you all. And one final thing...

GO UTES!

16 comments:

Kevin said...

Great pictures. Solid Post. I am thrilled to be the first one to comment. Hill, that right leg vanishing trick is a keeper. Can you teach me how to do it. Just to clarify, I was walking in to a stiff wind that day. Luckily the stiff wind blew straight in to my face the whole day. it was a miracle. I loved the pics of the flowers. Natalie concurred that it may or may not have pushed her over the top. Congrats on the engagement of your bro Hill. Does that mean we are goin to get the virginia dahles to come out to salt lake in the near future? well, we love you guys. take care and look for a post from us tomorrow night. Blogging is on the docket for family home evening. later

The Bertagnoles said...

CONGRATULATIONS HILL!!! (this is sorella wright by the way!)

Rebecca said...

CoNgRaTs!!! Yay! How exciting! A little BOY! How fun!

P.S. Can you get me April's email address?? pretty please:)

Natalie said...

Nate - stellar post as always. I loved all the pictures except for the second one - I'm pretty sure I was thinking, "Were the roses really good enough for me to say yes?" Just kidding. I am so lucky to have married into such a great family. Thanks for everything. Pretty sure Claire is adorable. As for 5 kids in the next 7 years . . . I don't think so . . . Love you guys

Al said...

Claire, I love the bling. It's definitely a good choice. I've been missing a necklace myself for the past few weeks. Maybe you guys should check her pockets and her secret hiding place.

nate and hill said...

We have no confirmation that it is a boy. Just based on a hunch and a hope.

Annie said...

Congratulations Hill! You guys are wonderful parents!

Unknown said...

CONGRATULATIONS! Such exciting news - Claire is the cutest kid I've ever seen. I'm sure number two will be just as adorable!

P.S. Your brother is engaged to my cousin Lindsay!!

Amy Tobler said...

Congratulations!! Claire is so stinkin' cute. I can't wait to see her little brother or sister!

Did you know that Nick's fiance is my cousin?? In a round about way we're going to be related!

Amy Tobler said...

Congratulations!! Claire is so stinkin' cute. I can't wait to see her little brother or sister!

Did you know that Nick's fiance is my cousin?? In a round about way we're going to be related!

Emily said...

Congragulations on being pregnant, that is great! Great pictures of Claire, she is sooo cute. That is a beautiful picture of you Hill.

Amanda said...

What?!?! A baby boy on the way?!?! Man you guys are good at keeping secrets until you find out the gender of the baby. When is the little tyke due? Boys are the greatest!!! I swear I'm not biased.

The Harrisons said...

Wow, I can't believe it! Congrats! I'm so excited for you guys.

Burton Family said...

Just to add to the comments and hopeflly make you guys like me more (well, just Claire) the giraffe makes a "mew" noise much like that of Elk and Reindeer. I am a wealth of knowledge.
Apes

Sharee said...

Congrats! Claire is so cute! I like all the pictures. Hill, I hope you start to feel better soon. Hang in there! Did you know that Kristy Reeder Perkins is also due in May.

Caitlin Carroll said...

I just found your blog from my sister Lauren's, and I realized that Kevin was my anatomy student... a LONG time ago at BYU. Sad that he's in medical school and I still haven't finished by undergrad yet though. Great pictures!