Friday, November 21, 2008

Poor Little Claire

We'll be cheering loudly for the Utes tomorrow!!! Claire and I have been working hard on saying, "Go Utes!" She does pretty well. I am a Utah man, sir!!!


We had a series of unfortunate events yesterday. Claire has been so active lately - walking, running, climbing, etc. She made her way up onto a chair yesterday morning and proceeded to fall off. After crying for a bit, she seemed to be just fine. Except for the fact that she wouldn't walk. She was happy to sit and play, but she was favoring her right leg. Mom took Claire to the doctor and it turns out that she had a toddler's fracture (hairline). We were told that she would have a walking boot. They went to the orthopedist today and much to our surprise, she came home with this...

Claire is not happy about the cast. I think she is quite confused by it. She keeps wanting us to take it off. It has seriously been so sad to see her in pain. We are really hoping that in a few days she will adapt and the pain will resolve. We were so lucky to have some sweet neighbors bring over dinner tonight. Hopefully these three weeks go quickly.

For months, mom and dad have been planning a date for tonight. Mom has been looking forward to the release of the movie "Twilight." We bought our tickets last week, we arranged for the babysitter and we were excited for a night on the town. It would not have been a good idea to leave Claire in the hands of a babysitter tonight. So, mom called a friend and Dad and Claire hung out and watched Elmo. I have to say, before the injury, Claire watched almost no TV. Tonight she sat down for an entire movie of Elmo. We love her so much.
And finally...

We promised a picture of Nick and Lyndsie. We had some problems opening the pictures earlier, but we did get it figured out. Looks like July is the time. We are looking forward to it.

7 comments:

Lauren said...

Poor Claire. Hope her leg heals quickly. Have fun watching the game. I'm going to cry if I can't find at least a radio broadcast on the Internet. You know what games Versus is playing? Air Force/TCU and freakin' HARVARD/YALE. You gotta be kidding me. I also get such gems as Washington/Washington State. I really am going to cry.

Al said...

Poor baby. It is a super cute little cast, at least, in a nice hot pink color. I feel so bad for her. I'm also cheering for the Utes today - Go Team!

Rebecca said...

Poor Claire! That would be so hard to have your little baby girl in a cast!

Congrats on Utah's big win! At least somebody we know is happy tonight!

The Harrisons said...

The cast makes her leg look like a mile long! So sad though.

Kevin said...

poor claire bear. I do love the hot pink cast, though. It makes her look more sassy. Big win for the Utes. I hope that you all enjoyed it out in Virginia. I'll look forward to seeing you all in July.

Amanda said...

You would let your child fall off of a chair. Oh wait, I think every child does that. She should have gotten a red cast for the Utes. I guess they didn't need a lucky cast from Claire though to win.

Cyd said...

NEW POST ALREADY!