Sunday, November 2, 2008

Tinkerbell

If this isn't the cutest little Tink you've ever seen, then I want to meet that Tink! My original intention was to update about the wedding, but I just couldn't resist posting these pictures. Aunt Alyson recently visited Disneyland, and I would have to say that Claire was the direct beneficiary. She gave Claire this outfit and we couldn't have been more appreciative. I feel like this is the perfect age for Halloween. She knows that candy exists, but she has no idea that it is being handed out willy-nilly at each door step. This year dad was lucky enough to get off work in time, so we packed up and headed to the lawn at UVa. There are a bunch of dorms there and everybody decorates their rooms and hands out candy. There are little kids everywhere. And, while I may be a touch biased, I dare say that Claire was the cutest.


One of Claire's favorite sayings (besides "see ya" and "di duch (thank you)) these days is woweeee!!! We entered the lawn and she took one look around and exclaimed "woweeee!" She had a blast


If you look and her hands, you can see her thumb and finger. This is how Claire snaps her fingers together. She moves them back and forth, back and forth while she dances. Cutest thing you will ever see.

"Oh Peter, come back to Neverland?"

"Never smile at a crocodile. No, you can't get friendly with a crocodile. Don't be taken in by his welcome grin. He's imagining how well you'd fit within his skin! This pesky croc has been chasing me all over the lawn." Luckily Tink had plenty of magical fairy dust.

"Oh I'll get you Mr. Smee!! And when I do I will sprinkle my fairy dust all over you and can escape that Captian Hook."

I believe in Neverland

"Now that I have got ahold of Peter and Wendy, I will fly them back to a magical place where dreams are made. It is just that Peter is so old!!! Plus he insists that I call him dad."
"Look how much fun 'dad' is when I get him out of 'work' to come play with me! I sure love this guy."
"Just touch my finger and you can fly." This is Claire giving dad a finger kiss. She is so cute and she just melts my heart.
Stay tuned. We have many more good things coming soon. We have got to reestablish our readership. We love you all. Check out the post below from yesterday for a good laugh.

10 comments:

Al said...

Claire is so adorable. I love the sun hat. Can't wait to see those Tink pics.

Al said...

For some reason it posted my comment from yesterday, and not the new one. Strange.
Anyway, that is one adorable Tink. Thanks Nate for the speedy post. The pigtails are the best, she looks so grown up with them. Nice job on the shoes Hill.

Kevin said...

Solid post, solid post. It's good to see you guys back posting. The pics are cute and I can hear claire saying woweee. Claire makes a cute tinkerbell. We miss you guys. I hope that you enjoy your cowboy oatmeal cookies. I am about to make mine. take care

Cyd said...

SO Cute! I love the pigtails, Hill the pic just below the snapping fingers looks so much like your baby pictures. Maybe there is a little bit of you in there.
I was kind of sad not to see any Hook quotes, i.e. "There you are Peter!"

Papa Norm said...

The pictures of Tink are fabulous!! How we missed seeing and being with you and Tinkerbell Halloween night. Betsy, Eric, Sam (a Fish) and Haddley (a worm with a hook) surprised us with a visit Halloween night. We then joined them in a surprise visit to Kevin and Natalie, Seth and Leeah ending at Mike and Ann's. Gabe (Dracula) and Kiki (Ghost) had enough candy to feed the entire family and anyone off the street. Spinning was popular that evening! Thanks for your recent visit. We love and miss you the moment you left.

Betsy said...

The first picture is my favorite - Clair looks so cute! I love the pigtails, Hill. Nice work. I am glad to hear you guys and a happy halloween. I am going to show Sam the pictures as soon as he gets up from his nap. He is sure to love them - he talks about Claire all the time now. Love you guys! Great post!

Amy & Mark said...

That first picture of your little Tinker Bell made me chuckle -- so much personality seems to shine through! What a cutie! Sounds like you guys have had busy, but wonderful Fall.

Sharee said...

Claire is the cutest tinkerbell that I have ever seen. She looks great!

Seth said...

nice pics love the blog see you in a few short weeks

Sarah said...

So cute! She is adorable!