Wednesday, June 27, 2007

You asked for pictures

Since it seems that there are a couple of people out there who are more interested in Claire than the family as a whole, we thought we would try to appease their demands with some more pictures. Hope you enjoy


Nate, Hill, and Claire head out for a walk on the trail to Monticello (Thomas Jefferson's Home). Claire learned about Thomas Jefferson and his love for french architecture. We also discussed with Claire the basics of the Declaration of Independence and how it affected the future of the United States. She expressed a desire to attend UVa.
Claire sports a darling outfit from her aunt Alyson. While she has received many cute outfits from many nice people, and most of them won't be posted here, Al has been particularly persistent in her requests. Thanks Al. Claire loves you.


Claire meets Baby Einstein. She received this gift from some very good friends of ours and she loves it. Thank you so much. It keeps her occupied for at least a couple of minutes.


Claire looks beautiful for her first day at church. Daddy taught the lesson and Claire only objected to one point of doctrine as evidenced by her loud cry. Dad quickly made a course correction and Claire was satisfied. I feel it is best to trust her as she was with our Heavenly Father most recently. She has such a wonderful spirit about her.

Who knew you were supposed to use honey or Karo syrup to put bows in babies hair when they are this little. Dad thought it was absurd and he still feels that way. But, she looks pretty cute (Again Al, please recognize the outfit). She looks so peaceful and she is so perfect.

6 comments:

Kevin said...

My goodness she's growing. What does she weigh now, 20 pounds? I can't remember how many daughters it took before I became aware of the honey/Karo syrup trick. Before that, I used rubber cement.

Al said...

I greatly appreciate the pictures and I love all her cute outfits (not just the ones I sent). I am still interested in what's happening to the rest of the family, but it just makes the post that much better if you throw in some pictures of Claire!

Anonymous said...

I love her no matter what she's wearing. She looks so much older than when I left her. I'm afraid she'll forget me. I'll try to hurry & get a talking photo frame so she can remember me.
How much does she weigh now? She looks like she's eating good. Can't wait to see her again. Tell her La Nona Loves her & misses her & I'm working on my Italiano. Ciao & Arivaderci

Anonymous said...

I'm not actually anonymous, I just haven't quite learned how to publish these darn things.

Karrissa Winward said...

Hey Hillory- we use Joe's hair glue to put McKinley's bows in, it's called 'Got to be Glued'. You can find it at any grocery or hair store. Anyway, it is way easy and less messy than karo syrup! Claire is so cute!

Rebecca said...

You look awesome Hill! I got your text msg today and tried to call you earlier, but your cell wouldn't let me leave a msg...anyway...just make sure and cancel your policies if you haven't already done so:) Oh ya, what stroller system did you end up getting?