Monday, June 18, 2007

A little piece of heaven




Some people scoff at the idea of using binkys to soothe a fussy baby, saying that they will develop a dependency on it...I beg to differ. I decided that we had waited long enough (2 weeks to be exact) and opted to use the pacifier this morning after a long night of waking up with Claire. She's been having difficulty with her latching skills these past few days and I'm hoping that practicing her sucking skills with the pacifier will help correct this problem...probably wishful thinking, but it's worth a shot.
Claire has another baby check-up this afternoon and whenever Nate can't make it to any of our appointments he'll write a list of questions for me to ask. Looking over the list he left for me today made me smile. His number one question is, "Do you think her head is to long (horizontally) and that's why she can't seem to sleep without turning her head from one side to the other?" I'm sure you're all on the edge of your seats so I will be sure to let you know what the doctor has to say about that.
Lastly, we wanted to give a shout out to all of the wonderful father figures in our lives and let them know how much we love them!! Nate received a coupon (homemade of course) that entitles him to either a massage or some clothes for the same amount of money, however, the offer is only good until July 5, 2007, after which the monies will be forfeited to Hill's birthday fund!!

8 comments:

Al said...

Are you sure Nate went to medical school? Because that is one crazy question.

Amanda said...

Too long? Too long?!? Isn't your baby perfect? I thought she was. Oh Nate... always trying to be so Dr.-ish. Ha ha!

Anonymous said...

I wasn't going to say anything, but since nate mentioned it, her head does look a little horizontal. I should know. I am a pre-med student, and we all know that pre-med's learn all about horizontality in their classes. We had an entire chapter dedicated to overly horizontal heads in Organic Chemistry. HA. She looks great. Nate, your a clown.

Anonymous said...

I sure am glad my good friend Cyd told me about this blog. Thanks for letting me know. She is beautiful and I love hearing all the great stories. Keep them coming. Hill, I hope you got cyd and I's little pkg. Nice work on a beautiful baby girl guys!
-Em

Karrissa Winward said...

Hey guys- this is Karrissa and Joe. Sid Winward told us about your blog. So fun and Claire is cute! We have a blog too- http://molapulla.blogspot.com/

So good to see pictures of your little girl!

Ape said...

Emma says to tell Nate the head of her best friend is absolutely perfect. She also said she enjoyed the car ride and is looking forward to more play dates.

Anonymous said...

Nate has asked that hill no longer post any blogs because she can sometimes be dramatic and explain nate's questions out of context. Nate thinks his little girl is perfect.

Rebecca said...

LOL!