Sunday, May 24, 2009

Slowly Waking Up

Amelia Jane is doing well. We are so happy to have her home with us. She is still very sleepy but surfaces more and more often throughout the day. She is so cute. On Wednesday we got the go-ahead to stop waking her up every three hours through the night and let her feed as she wants. Of course she woke up every 2 1/2 hours! She is doing what all babies do - poopin', peein', and eatin'. She is pretty good at all three.

Claire is such a good big sister. Every so often she becomes interested in Amelia (Emme), but it doesn't last very long. Occasionally she says "I want to hold it." I had to make this picture black and white because the contrast of Claire's white skin and Emme's jaundice was overwhelming.

Here is Emme doing what she does best - sleep! This picture was taken today to celebrate her 2 week birthday. You're doing awesome Emme Jane!

Same sleep. Different dream.
It always comes back to Claire. She has been so funny these days. She is really into repeating things these days, which at times can be difficult. For instance, we can't mention dinner to early because she won't stop talking about it. Today grandpa Dahle laughed when she got to the l-m-n-o-p part of the alphabet because she mushes it all together. She said l-m-n-o-p for probably the next 20 minutes. Of course the worst is when she is with dad and she realizes that mom isn't around. Today at church was a disaster - Mom? mom? mom? mom? mom? She wanted nothing to do with nursery. She wanted nothing to do with church. The fruit snacks held her off for about 5 min. In the end, it was just too much. She broke down and we just came home. I don't think mom was so excited to see us so early. But, we sure do love Claire. I think she is adjusting to having to share her mom.

Despite her meltdown, she sure did look cute.

I don't know what she found, but it looked like a pretzel and she did try to eat it.

Boy do we love you!

So sweet. I think this picture is actually her trying to avoid the camera.


There were alot more smiles before she face-planted on the sidewalk. She really is a champ though. She shook it off and got right back on the railing.

Of course "C" is, and always will be, for cookie. And Claire loves her cookie. She savored every bite.

5 comments:

Al said...

Those girls are getting cuter every day. Can't wait to see you guys!

Cyd said...

I love the new pics, I can't believe I get you see you guys in just a few weeks, I can't wait!

Seth said...

Thanks for the new pics.

Amy & Mark said...

What beautiful girls you have! Congratulations on the birth of sweet Amelia Jane (love the name)! She is precious and I have loved reading all about her in your previous posts! She couldn't come to better, more loving parents! I'm glad that her jaundice is subsiding. Claire looks like a fabulous big sister (I love the comment about holding "it"). Hill, I, too, had cholestasis with Millie (last 8 weeks -- horrible, horrible -- and my doctor didn't even diagnose it so she was 3 days overdue!) and with Abby (my other doctor was more on the ball and she was induced a week early). I'd love to compare notes sometime. Excited to hear about your brother's mission call. Mark served TX Spanish speaking and he loved it. So happy that you're all doing well! We love you guys!

Anonymous said...

Very Cute girls! They are so Cute!!!
I hope all is going well.
From Carly