Tuesday, February 5, 2008

What do you get when.....

What do you get when you cross a cranky baby and a frustrated mom?


A little girl who gets away with anything (We typically don't let Claire play on the counters).

I called Hill last night to pick me up from work and she sounded a little unhappy. I could hear Claire crying in the background. I could tell that they were not getting along. They came to pick me up at the car repair shop and Claire was smiling when she saw me. That smile didn't last too long and Claire was livid when we got home. I jumped in the shower real quick (I always shower after work before playing with Claire) and came out to find this scene. Claire was all smiles once she got her way. Needless to say, Claire was tough to get to bed last night.

Luckily for everyone, Mom and Claire made up today and they are best friends again. Dad is working in the Post Cardiac/Thoracic/Vascular intensive care unit and he is very busy. He was so happy to hear that they had had a much better day. Dad is so sad when he doesn't get to see his little girl the whole day. We are all looking forward to Friday when he gets a day off and we are headed to Washington to the zoo. Expect some new pictures coming this weekend as Claire's uncle Nick and Aunt Alyson are coming to see us this week.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am totally jealous that Nick and Al get to come out to visit, don't do anything fun without me!

Betsy said...

We've adopted the motto "Peace at any price" in our home! Nate, you'll find the price only gets more interesting as you get closer to the fun age of 2. I don't want to divulge all of our secrets here, but I'm sure Bets and Hill will or have already shared battle stories. You never know what you might find when you get home!

Karrissa Winward said...

I need your email address because my blog is going private. Please leave it on our blog or email me at karrissa@inpnet.org. Thanks!

Amy said...

We all have those days with our kids. You don't realize how much it helps when daddy comes home for both mom and kids. Your a life saver!