Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Dad Goes Camping!

Dad has been in Scouts for a while but has been not been able to attend many campouts due to his busy schedule. He was happy to make it out last weekend for a night in the Blue Ridge Mountains. Our troop rented an old cabin built in the thirties as an outpost. I thought to myself that it would be fun to rent out and take Hillory here. Then I saw the insects. I quickly squashed that idea.


It was a small group, but we had a solid time. There were some issues of snoring when I had to wack Alex with my sweatshirt at about 2 a.m. I couldn't take it anymore. Luckily I had my geomat for a comfortable night of sleep.


We went on a great hike on Saturday morning to the falls.

Great picture of the falls Stu!


The Blue Ridge is a beautiful mountain range. We just bought a year pass and look forward to heading back soon.


Just call me Hacksaw Jim Duggan!!

We are headed to Utah soon and likely won't be posting for a couple weeks. We hope you all are doing well.

5 comments:

Cyd said...

Sweet camping pics! I can't wait to see you in a few days!

Eric said...

Sounds like a great time. Sam said he wants to go next year! We are so excited to see you guys soon. Love the sneeze!

Shaina said...

Hill er, Carter, er whatever, I found you! What a great family you have nad it's so good to see that everything is going well for you. I'm glad I found your blog! P.S. Great news about Rome, no?
Love,
Sorella Groves/Boschi

Eric, Emilee, MaryElizabeth, Clara, and Andrew. said...

Hey you guys...how long are you going to be in SL? Will we be lucky enough to see you? Here's hoping!

Natalie said...

hey, you guys haven't posted in a while. we just posted on our blog. the address is kevinandnataliedahle.blogspot.com

take a look