Saturday, October 13, 2007

Claire Rolls Over!!!

Well, she did it!!! Last saturday, as we were getting Claire up for the morning, Hill walked in and mentioned that she had found Claire in her crib on her stomach. But we never put her to sleep on her stomach. So we brought her in to the room, placed her on her blanket, and sure enough, she repeated the feat. Currently, she can only go from back to front (we hear that is the more difficult maneuver). We have been trying to capture it on video, but she has been quite elusive . Needless to say, papa was very pleased with his little girl.
Claire post roll-over. She couldn't be happier with herself.
Papa and Claire love to read the mail together. Claire always asks if anyone sends her mail. Instead of disappointing her day after day, we decided to hand her some junk mail and tell her it was from loving friends and family. She is only going to believe that for so long. She is going to start thinking that grandma and grandpa run a credit card company. Papa loves mail time with his girl.
Playing with the girls! The young women came over on Sunday morning for waffles and conference. Claire had a great time. Her favorite talk was President Eyring. She has been talking about it all week. What a wonderful conference weekend. We truly felt the blessings of the gospel in our lives.

I keep hearing from the Carter family that Hill sucked on her two fingers for a very long time. We find her all the time with her fingers in her mouth. She even tries to put our fingers in her mouth. I always pull those fingers out. Every once in a while I find Hill sucking on her fingers. Like mother like daughter - but that's not such a bad thing.
Tonight we went to the stake picnic and had a great time. One of the members has a farm in the rolling hills of central Virginia. It was seriously the most beautiful place. The kind of place that dreams are made of. The only thing more beautiful was my two girls. Hill got a new haircut and we love it. Doesn't she look great?
After a grueling game of horseshoes, we took a family hay ride. We had so much fun riding through the hills of central Virginia. We live in such a beautiful part of the country.
Love them!!!! Sunset on the farm. It was so peaceful and so beautiful.
Claire slept through the hay ride. She was wrapped up snug as a bug in a rug. But here she is obviously awake tucked away safely in papa's arms.

Papa at times has dreams of becoming a photographer. This is a pretty sweet picture of our baby girl. I wish we could know what our sweet Claire Bear was thinking (probably "if I could just get both these hands in my mouth, then I'd be happy."
We love you all! Thanks for supporting our blog. Until we blog again.

11 comments:

Rebecca said...

Cute Hair Hill! Where did you get it done?

Anonymous said...

Don't worry Nate, when Claire turns 8 we will just do what Hill's grandma Carter did, "Tell her they won't let her get baptized if she still sucks her fingers." As you can see it's had G-R-E-A-T psychological effects on her mom.
I absolutely LOVE Hill's hair and Claire's too. I think Nate can be our family photographer from now on...I don't know if it's just the beautiful girls or the camera guy, but those are some Terrific Pictures! Love...
p.s. I'm officially a webmaster (of sorts) take a look family at www.davis.k12.ut.us/district/regpta

Anonymous said...

Grandpa Carter:
That is a great haircut. I'm going to rely on the junk mail thing for some time, yet. Hill was satisfied with hotel soap and shampoo as a present when I traveled until she was 15.

Al said...

The bangs look cute Hill. I can't believe how much older Claire already looks since we saw her last. That last picture is my favorite! Good job photographer Nate. Hopefully by the time cyd and I get there in 2 weeks she'll have mastered the full rollover.

Anonymous said...

This is Kevin Dahle representing the communication impaired Dahle family. Hill and Claire, you two are looking extra cute. I like the haircut Hill. Nate, I like your photo at the end. You may be the best photog in the family, but you definitely aren't the best croquet player in the family. I have no doubt that you are rusty. A few weeks ago, Team Poor Provo (Me, Bets and Eric) dominated the competition for a dramatic victory. Team Poor Provo will take on Team Neglected in Virginia any time. You guys look great. I will do my best to post often. Baby Steps Nate.

MegaPPod said...

What a beautiful little girl. I love the blog. Good work. It was great to see you when you were in DC. Hope you are well, and know you are always welcome back if you want to visit the big city. - Jenn

Betsy said...

Way to go Claire! We like the haircut, Hill. And we couldn't agree with you more that you live in a beautiful part of the country. We'll have to come out again soon. We love the blog, thanks for inspiring us!

Amanda said...

I knew it would be no time before Claire started doing some tricks! And I love the last pic of Claire. What a cutie! Nate and Hill, you don't look so bad either...

Emily said...

Great pictures and yet another great blog! Your hair is adorable Hill, I love it! Claire is getting so big and she is soooo cute. Love the last picture, great job Nate!

Rachsticle said...

Hill, I can't wait until you come up here next! That picture where she is sucking her fingers is the cutest ever! Check out my new blog!

Rachel SYkes

Hilary said...

You guys are great! Good work on keeping up on the blog. We're a little behind. As for the Dave & Nate squared Cali trip, all I have to say is "it looks like some sort of a leak." Good times!
Keep us posted on if you're coming to SLC for Christmas.