Sunday, October 21, 2007

Boy Did We Have A Fun Day Yesterday

Hello All!!! Thank you for such a wonderful week of fun comments on our blog. We love to know who is reading the blog and we love to hear how everyone is doing. It has been a great week at the Dahle house. Dad hasn't had to be into work until 9 o'clock. 9 o'clock? Are you kidding me? That means that he has been able to see Claire and play with her every morning this week. If this little girl doesn't put a smile on his face for the rest of the day, I don't know what will.
Before we get any further, we need to offer up our congratulations to Kevin William Dahle. Age 23. Height 6'6". Weight $1.50. Nickname: Ratt. Marital Status: Single. Dating status: available. Current family intelligence ranking: #1. Place of residence: Cougartown (RRRRROOOOOAAAAARRRRRR). Other notable honors: Sam's favorite uncle. Greatest accomplishment: Learning to ride a bike. Classic statement: "I need Jeans!!"
This week he was accepted to medical school at the University of Michigan and Ohio St. University. Nice work buddy. And like I said this man is single.

Here is Kevin finishing up some pasta and sporting an inspirational message: Be Someone. If that doesn't scream "Quality Individual," I don't know what does.


Now on to our fun day. Claire is such a good baby. She sleeps through the night. She wakes up ready to play. She loves to take a bath. She takes good naps. She is starting to grow some hair. And she smiles at us all of the time.


Every time we bathe her, we wrap her up in her hooded towel and she is so much fun to cuddle up with. She uses the same joke everytime. "Luuuuuuke, I am your father. Do not underestimate the power of the Dark Side." Good one Claire. Daddy laughs every time.

After bathtime and getting ready, we headed over to the Charlottesville Chocolate Festival to visit our good friend Jenni. Jenni makes faux desserts and cake stands for decoration. Her display here looks amazing and everyone wanted to know how she made them. Obviously she can't share her secret. Especially since she was recently discovered by Martha Stewart. She submitted a video and there is a good chance that she will appear on Martha's show in the near future(Are we a little hesitant about a good friend mingling with ex-cons? Sure, but we will let it slide). Check out Jenni's website and her blog
http://www.etsy.com/shop.php?user_id=5215634
www.jenniboriginals.blogspot.com

Good luck Jenni!


After the Chocolate festival it was off to the Carter Mountain Orchard to eat some apple cider doughnuts and enjoy the perfect fall weather here in Central Virginia. It was the perfect day and we had such a good time. As an aspiring photographer, dad had to set up some pictures in the pumpkin patch. After seeing what good time dad was having, mom decided that yes, it is the right time to get a Digital SLR. Dad can't wait! Hopefully we will be able to get it in the next couple weeks in time for Thanksgiving and Christmas. Hopefully everyone will be able to enjoy the beautiful pictures.

We found that if you stack enough pumpkins around her, she is able to stand up on her own. Actually she can hold herself up if we put her hands on the ottoman. She is getting so strong.


Just playing in the pumpkins.

Claire: Dad, I'm tired of sitting in the dirt so you can get a good picture. I don't seen any other kids with pumpkins stacked all around them. Now my pants are all dirty.

Dad: I know sweetheart. Remember, just humor me. I love you. I'll see if I can find you a wagon to sit in.

Claire is so much happier in the wagon. You should have seen us making fools of ourselves trying to get her to smile. Isn't she cute.

Careful dad! I think the wagon is starting to roll down the hill.

Thank goodness I finally found my fingers. I love riding around in my wagon
What a fun day for our family at the pumpkin patch.

After the pumpkins we ate nachos from our favorite restaurant, La Cocina Del Sol. Then we met some new friends and watched the Red Sox/Indians game. The Evans are die-hard Red Sox fans as they just moved down from Boston. We had a great time hanging out. Claire was sooooooooo cooperative. She fell asleep in her car seat on the way there, slept in her car seat through the whole game, and then slept all the way home. This new discovery of her car seat sleeping habits may give us some new liberties at night that we haven't had before.

It was a great day to end a great week. We'll post again soon!

11 comments:

Papa Norm said...

Claire was in her element among the pumpkins this weekend. What's the costume plan for Halloween? Dad did a good job getting pictures for the rest of us to see. You all look healthy and happy and we are anxious to see you all agian. Have a great weekend.

Rebecca said...

When you get your slr, please help me figure out how to use mine!

Amanda said...

I so want a SLR. We figure we'll wait until there's something special around to take pics of :)

Betsy said...

Love the post, as usual. I especially loved the "ode to K-ratt". Nate, I was a little bit worried that Claire was going to be smashed by a couple of those pumpkins, but I have faith that you would never put her in harms way! The pictures turned out great. Claire is adorable and getting so big! Eric and I have been talking about the ol' digital SLR as well - it won't be for a while for us, but we want one in the near future. By the way, Sam wanted to let you know that he is going to be a lion for halloween - what is Claire going to be? We can't wait to find out!

Al said...

I can't believe how big Claire is getting! Cyd and I can't wait to get out there and see her for ourselves. (we also can't wait for those apple donuts . . . .)

Anonymous said...

#1, I'm very jealous that you went to La Cocina Del Sol without me. It makes my mouth water almost as much as Hill's does when we say "Cafe Rio".
#2, I think Martha may want Claire on her show next to point out that there really could be a "Great Pumpkin" as Linus would say...and how cute a girl can look when picking out pumkins.
#3, I really want one of those Carter Mtn. applecider donuts...after all, it is Carter Mtn.!
#4, Congrats to Kevin!

Eric said...

Love the blog guys. The pictures are great, and I'm glad to hear you are getting an SLR soon. Hill, I need you to talk to Bets so we can get one soon, too. I've been trying to convince her, but I figured if you talked to her over your favorite treat (need I say more?), maybe you could convince her for me! Take care and keep the blogs coming!

Anonymous said...

Hello!! This is other Rebecca (Sykes) This has got to be the cutest baby on the planet. i just just realized we never got you a baby present. When you are in town, I will have to give something to that adorable baby!!

Anonymous said...

A personal tribute...I am speechless. Thanks for the shout out in the blog. If I had a blog, I would give a shout out to the Virginia Dahles. I checked it yesterday, but I didn't have time to comment until now. Claire looked like she was having a great time among the pumpkins. I am excited to see you guys at Christmas time. Maybe we could play some croquet in the snow. I am sure that Hill would love it. Love you guys

Emily said...

Claire is getting so big. She is so adorable. More great pictures and as always another great blog!

Rebecca said...

I know lots of adorable single girls out here for Kevin. Send him to the Sykes house.