Thursday, August 30, 2007

Back to real live (post family madness)

We're back!! Papa is up listening to the Utah game (Go Utes!) and he thought it would be a great time for some pictures. The biggest news is that Claire is officially sleeping through the night. On Sunday night we decided to cut off her 4 a.m. feeding. She did great. Only cried for about 10 minutes and then was back to sleep. She is such a wonderful baby. Her personality is showing itself more and more each day. She loves to laugh with mama and papa. She and mama have fun every day.

To the doctor for her 2 month shots. It turns out that mama took it harder than Claire did. It took 24 hours for both of them to recover.
Hill: "Nate, did you get her shirt dirty when you touched her with your foot?"
Nate: "No, my feet are clean. I barely touched her."
Hill: "What is that?... Claire!!!!"
Claire: "Whooooooooooooo. Heh, Heh, Heh."
Needless to say she got a bath

Claire loves her chair. She has three toys that hang from the bar that we call "gli amici" - the friends. Their names are Guster the bear, Frank the rattle, and Booky the book. Gli amici are lifesavers as they occupy Claire's attention for long periods of time so mama can get things done.

Is she not the cutest thing ever? Makes you just want to take a bite out of those cheeks. It is so much fun to play with her. She smiles and smiles and smiles. She will be sharing these smiles with friends and family in no time.

Who doesn't love pink valour? She's ready for a workout with mama. Mama is making her return to the running world this weekend in the Charlottesville 4-miler. Good luck mama, we'll be there to cheer you on. We love you.
Claire: "Papa, what are you doing with this silly flower?"

Papa: "Claire, just work with me on this. I promise it will be a picture to remember."

6 comments:

Al said...

I'm glad to see you were able to break out the pink jumpsuit - I was worried she'd get too big before the weather allowed her to wear it. She's so adorable, I can't wait to see her!

Anonymous said...

Um this may just be the English teacher in me, but I think you meant "Back to real LIFE." Loved the post, to bad about the poopy pants/shirt!
Cyd

Anonymous said...

ok so I just re-read my comment and realized that after making fun of your spelling I used the wrong to/too/two! I know it should have been "TOO BAD"
Cyd

Anonymous said...

I thought she was going to quit doing the messy thing as she got older...and I too LOVE the Pink jogging suit.
By-the-by, are you force feeding that kid or what!!!

Eric, Emilee, MaryElizabeth, Clara, and Andrew. said...

Good luck this weekend in your race Hill! Hope it's fabulous! Claire is a dream!

Amanda said...

Already off and doing races Hill... you never cease to amaze me. I guess Claire doesn't either. I think Ben dry-heaved when he saw that picture of Claire's poopy onesie!