Wednesday, July 4, 2007

Happy Fourth of July!!!






We had a great fourth of July and we wanted to share some pictures and memories while they are still fresh in our minds and hearts.

Happy Birthday Hill! Hill has been wanting deck furniture for months now and the right deal came along. It wasn't the perfect deal so Hill had to agree to it as her birthday present. It was tough for her to accept that her gift was something to benefit the whole family. But she did it and we love the furniture. P.S. Hill's birthday is on July 6th.


Look how cute my girls are in their fourth of July outfits (Imagine how long it takes for two girls in the house to get ready). We went up today to some friends for a barbecue all dressed in our red, white and blue. We had such a fun time and ate some awesome food. Claire enjoyed the barbecue just a few hours later. Unfortunately daddy didn't do so well in the game of baci. He was unable to summon his eagle powers.



Mmmmmmm. Flag Cake

Hill's Masterpiece. Does this cake not look delicious? The Barefoot Contessa entered our lives last year on Hill's birthday and ever since Hill has wanted to make this cake. A July 4th barbecue is obviously the time to do it. It was the best cake ever. We had a fun time decorating it and even more fun eating it. Hill thought it might be a good idea to make it again in August when our families come out. I told her that I thought our arteries and our wallets could only take it one time a year.

Some of the great friends that we have made in Charlottesville. It has really been so great to meet such amazing people.



Of course we finished up the night with some fireworks. Look how beautiful Hill is. And the other little girl in the family was unfazed by the loud explosions as she slept right through them.




Bonus Picture. Il Dopio Mento - There are many ways to tell if a baby is getting enough to eat, i.e. wet diapers, messy diapers, appropriate weight gain, etc. We have chosen to measure the size of the double chin. So far it looks like she is doing just fine. Keep up the good work Claire.


Bonus Picture 2. Look how strong she is getting. She'll be rolling over in no time.

13 comments:

Amanda said...

Amazing picture of you and Hill with the fireworks... who can you credit that beautiful shot to? Thanks for a great 4th, we had a blast!

Al said...

Hill, you are looking great! This is just the kind of post I love, full of great pictures. Claire's 4th of July outfit is adorable. I can't wait to come see her (and you guys of course). Good job on the deck furniture, I'm sure we'll put it to good use.

Kevin said...

Is there quite a bit of resentment from the other parents when you guys show up with the cutest baby in the known galaxy?
The furniture looks great (Hill should be used to unusual birthday presents - have her tell you about the 'Buick Driving Kit' she got for her 16th).
That cake looked incredible! What was underneath the $50 worth of fruit and frosting?

Anonymous said...

thanks for the pics. nate is a pro at the practical gifts, sorry hill i should of warned you.-seth

Betsy said...

Hill - the cake looks amazing! We'd be willing to pitch in a couple of bucks when we are there to have a taste of the masterpiece. By the way Hill you are looking fabulous. Can't wait to see you guys!

Anonymous said...

You guys are looking great. Hill, get used to practical gifts. Nate is the king of practical gifts. I think he gave my mom socks one year. I am stoked to see you guys in a month or so. Hill, i'm sure you can sweet talk nate into making the cake. Let's see what we can do to make it happen. Happy birthday tomorrow

Papa Norm said...

I'm going to try and add another post and see how if it works. I'm already saddened by how fast Claire is growing up! I can see the difference in 4 short weeks. My June Bug is quit the fashion horse and I'm in deed anxious to make my personal acquaintance with my granddaughter. Ya, Nate can be cheap but he's a lovable cheap. We'll be seeing you in less than 4 weeks. See you soon. Dad

Anonymous said...

Well I don't care what the other kids say...la nona's bebe is adorable and of course must have 2 chins to make her papa happy...so that he knows she is growing properly. Grandpa Carter (I told him she wouldn't know him unless he assumed his Italiano name, but he insisted on this) is soooo excited to see her on the 17th. I'm just jealous that I can't come with him. I'm afraid she's already forgotten my voice. Love

Anonymous said...

Oh, By the way... Since I'm still up, I want to be the first one to say Happy Birthday Hill, on the actual day. Love

Anonymous said...

Sorry...me again...I forgot. Love the Cake (I'd chip in too but I'll have to take the part with no blue berries) AND even after I tried to warn her Nate, I noticed Hill still wore white pants. Allora!

Anonymous said...

Last time...I promise...The pictures are such a blast. Thanks for taking time to update. Tell April & Jess and your many other friends THANKS from Hills' mom for taking care of my kids while I'm away. We miss you all GOBS! Also I think Nate's gift was sooo thoughtful, not practical at all.(maybe just a titch)And he is still my favorite son-in-law...so far.

Ann said...

What fun pictures of the fourth. Gabe, Kiki and I are so excited to see you guys. Kiki prays for baby Claire everyday. She says that she loves Claire and is the cutest baby ever. Hill, Happy Birthday. We hope you have a great day. Love you guys!

Anonymous said...

cute