Saturday, July 7, 2007

Every party has a pooper!!!

Here is Claire getting ready for the big night out on the town for mama's birthday. She loves to take a bath. The current thought is that she is looking alot like Nate. Poor girl. She would be much better off if she looked like her mama. Luckily there is still time.

Papa and Claire took mama out for dinner for her birthday. We went to a little burger joint we found when we were out here looking for a place last year - Red Robin

We love this sweet little outfit that Claire got as a gift. She and her mama are so pretty. It is a 3 month outfit, but you will notice that our Claire is a little bit of a chunk. She went to the doctor yesteday for her thrush and they weighed her in. She is a whopping 11 lbs. 3 oz. putting her in the 95th percentile for weight. Who knows what mama is putting in that milk - seems a little more like straight cream.
Papa took alot of slack about the deck furniture for Hill's birthday. But he would would not crack. Luckily Claire came to the rescue. Somehow she snuck out of her crib, logged onto the internet, and bought mama a running outfit for the race she is going to do in September. Mama loved the outfit and Claire was pretty proud of herself. She could not let the last ten months of hard work by mama go unthanked. Claire loves her mama.
There was mention made of a party pooper. Well, here she is in the act (maybe you thought i was referring to her diaper). Midway through the meal she wanted nothing more to do with this boring party. She decided to let everyone know how well her lungs had developed. We finally got out of there and let us know the rest of the way home that she wasn't happy with the party. We will try to do better on the next one.
Hill had a great birthday. She got cards and calls from all of her favorite people and she felt so blessed to be so loved. She still loves the deck furniture and she is looking forward to the race (every time Nate finds a new way to surprise her - he requests that all of you who made comments about his practical nature please submit written apologies). We love you all. Til the next blog!!!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey, I loved the Deck gift...the rest is just icing on the cake Nate. However, I only know one guy that can outdo you on giving surprises & that's Grandpa Kevin.
2 romantics at heart.
Hill you know the old story...mine is in the mail & will be a bit late. Didn't want to break with tradition. And I love her even when she's bellowing, of course I don't have to calm her down either. Her Great-grandma Carter sure is sad that she can't come with us to see her, but besides the fact that she's 92 & has a bad heart, she found out that if she dies in a plane accident one of her insurance policies that she got in 1939 doesn't pay out. I guess they were leary of planes then.

Amanda said...

I'm so glad I got to see you on your birthday. I feel a little foolish that I didn't help pay for your lunch when we went out, so I guess I owe ya one!

Rachsticle said...

Hill, I love that baby so much! I might secretly pack myself in Al's suitcase when she comes out so I can see her too! You are looking fabulous! From Rachel S.

Anonymous said...

Claire is a little chunk! Very cute, but a little chunk. It reminds me of a certain Driver's License picture of a 16 yr old boy who went to Olympus High School. Names won't be used, but I'm sure you get the idea. Ha.

Kevin said...

I can't wait to hear those little screams in person (I mean Claire, not Hill). The only think I'm not looking forward to is the drive from DC. I remember how awful it was last time Al and I went to Fredricksburg.

Papa Norm said...

Would you please slow down Claire's growth!! I want to hold a baby when we arrive in August not a toddler. This blog idea is a good idea. I wonder if I should turn my frequent e mails into a blog? Gratefully, August is just around the corner and we're anxioulsy awaiting our departure date. It appears the B-party was a hit, at least for a while. Nate's showing some promise with the deck furniture. Keep working on his Hillory. Have a good week and hold my June Bug for me.

Papa Norm