Monday, January 26, 2009

Holiday Fun

After what probably seems like an eternity to Claire's biggest fans, we are back with a great post. We had such a great holiday season including that great trip to NYC. Claire's Aunt Alyson gave her the cutest Christmas outfit. We were dropping off a friend from church the sunday before Christmas and we found a random piece of grass - perfect for a few pictures. Here are the pictures of our sweet little school girl...










How sweet she is!!! How we love our little girl.
Merry Christmas! We had a wonderful Christmas season. Claire didn't quite know what was going on, but once Christmas morning arrived, she sure enjoyed it.

Claire gets caught with her hand in the cookie jar.
Although Claire is yet to find anything sweet to eat that she doesn't like, she took a real liking to eggnog.
Claire got the cutest tutu from Kelly. Claire had learned from Sesame Street all about the pirouet. She had all Christmas morning to practice.
Looks like we worked Claire a little too hard on her ballet. She came back strong the next day.
Claire could not wait for Christmas dinner at out friends! So cute.


Later that week we all headed down to the park. It was warm enough, but a little muddy. Everybody loves a good superman...

Maybe not so much Claire now after a major faceplant!


She worked hard to get to the top of the slide (one of my favorite recent pictures).

Made it!

Claire loves to help mom in the kitchen. What an awesome team!!
Our holiday season was topped off by two special events.
1) The Utes!!! Claire was a little bit scared when she saw daddy get excited about the game. Could not be a better time to be a Utah Man. Gongrats Utes on a great year. You deserved a share of the National Championship.
2) It's a GIRL!!! We are so excited to announce the addition of a little sister. Originally I was pulling for the boy, but I am so happy to have another girl. I just thought how sweet it would be for Claire to have a friend. We can't wait to meet our little girl. We are accepting suggestions for names.

16 comments:

Natalie said...

For the Record . . . . 1st name suggestion wins. My recommendation is Dilley. Dilley Dahle has quite the ring to it :) Great photos! Miss you guys lots! Hope to see you soon.

Sharee said...

I love all the photos of Claire, she is adorable. Good luck with the name thing, there are a lot more options with girl names than boys.

Cyd said...

I'm so happy to see all the new pics. Claire is adoreable. Hill was that a chocolateering apron Claire was wearing? I love to see a second generation of chocolateers in the ranks!

Al said...

I also noticed the chocolateering apron. Nice recruitment. Those tutu pictures are hilarious. I think you can enroll little girls in ballet starting at age 2. Thanks for the update!

Al said...

I also noticed the chocolateering apron. Nice recruitment. Those tutu pictures are hilarious. I think you can enroll little girls in ballet starting at age 2. Thanks for the update!

The Harrisons said...

Yay, for a girl!! I'm so excited for you guys! I have to admit that I struggle with girl names so I'm really no help. Good luck!

Amy & Mark said...

LOVE the pigtails! LOVE the outfits! LOVE Claire! What an adorable girl and congratulations on expecting another one!! Of course, we love girls at our house! I have to tell you that when we were taking down our Christmas cards and the girls were dividing them up to decide who would keep which ones, yours was fiercely contested over. Both girls wanted to keep the picture of Claire (and of course you guys, too ;). We miss you guys!

Eric, Emilee, MaryElizabeth, Clara, and Andrew. said...

There is nothing better than a sister!!! Congratulations!!!

Rebecca said...

Love the pictures and we are still enjoying that sweet little Claire face hanging on our photo mobile from your Christmas card!

Congrats on the GIRL! Oh how fun to have a sister! Wonderful! Ok...names,,,here are some that I love and that I think go well with Claire.... Rachel and Lucy (the names of my nieces who are sisters). For a more different name I like the name Taryn....hmmmm...lets see...what else....what about Abby? Oh! Another girl name I really like is Holland:) I'm sure you will pick the perfect name! Or also, I have always liked the name Brooke. Are you thinking traditional or different? Oh yes, and of course, Sydney:)

Kevin said...

If you don't go with Natalie's suggestion of Dilley, might I add my suggestion. I say...Kevina. It rolls off the tongue. How could you not love it? Might I make a request for next post? If you guys could please post some more pictures of Claire? It seems like this post was dominated by other people...ha.

Anonymous said...

Congrats to you all, and claire is most adorable!!!!
From Carly

Ann said...

You got some really cute pictures of Claire. I love the tutu picture for Christmas. Kiki loved talking to her on the phone. Hope your having a great week. Love you guys. Congrats on the baby girl.

Rebecca said...

or Julia

Anonymous said...

Well never let it be said the La Nona has had enough of that picture perfect girl! I mean it...Nobody better ever say it, cause I'll have to give them the evil eye. I can't beleive it's taken me this long to look at them. I guess since I've learned to skype, I've been fed by the real thing. Still lov'n every minute of it.

Anonymous said...

Oh, as for girl names...
Emelia Nell(my mom's middle name)
Jaquline Marie(after uncle Jake)
Lydia Mae (after gr. gr. grandma casey...she'll get over it)
If none of those work...Dilley is cute?
La Nona

Seth said...

you know hill leeah and I went to ray lamontange a couple months ago. i'm glad you are a fan too