Monday, June 16, 2008

Back to the Basics...

Things are great back in Charlottesville. We are all happy to be sleeping in our own beds and back to a regular schedule. Although Hillory is particularly enjoying the fact that Claire is still on Utah time when it comes to waking up in the morning (actually, both of them are).

My little girl is just getting so big I can't believe it. Given my schedule this week, I was able to go with her to her doctor appointment. She did great 29.7 inches tall, 20.1 pounds, and her noggin is still big (but cute). She is now moving all over the place and I predict she will be walking in the next couple of weeks. She is currently working on her 3rd tooth and she continues to be a bundle of fun.

With mama off to ballet lessons (yes, Hill is taking ballet), it was my turn to look after the little girl. Of course, we went looking for dogs and other fun things at our apartment complex. We had a great outing. Just wanted to share some pictures.


Just holding on for dear life, and trying to get taste of the metal on the swing. Claire was enthralled by the boy playing basketball. Maybe she is trying to me like Mike.



Claire just loves the swing. It is always nice to have a go-to activity when she is getting restless. Between the swing and the bath, we are in pretty good shape.


After our stop at the playground, it was off to the lake to look at the geese. To quote one of our favorite little girls here in Charlottesville, "I stepped in goose poop at the yake!!!" Claire is becoming so much more aware of her surroundings. She points at birds, and trees and she even has been known to chase an ant or two.
Claire here is very interested in the fishing line that she found on the dock. I just thought she looked so cute crouching down to pick it up. One thing that I love about her now is that I can get her to give me five.

Our little girl brings us so much joy. She is the best Father's day gift that I could possible imagine. I love to go out on our little excursions. Luckily, on the way back home we saw 4 dogs at the dog park. Now that is what I call a successful trip.

6 comments:

Al said...

Nice camera work Nate. YOu got some great pics. I was hoping we'd get one of Hill in her ballet outfit (complete with legwarmers). I can't believe how tall she is getting, in that last picture she looks more like a little girl than a baby. Can't wait to see you guys next month.

About Me said...

Hill, I love that you are taking ballet lessons. Isn't it great? I am going to be teaching ballet this fall! I am so excited to get back into it!

Eric said...

Holy smokes, Claire is getting so big. I don't remember her looking that big a month ago. Great pictures. We are glad you guys are doing well and really miss you, all four of us!

Anonymous said...

Great pics Nate! I sent Hill some preview shots from while they were here. I will mail the cd with all the pics shortly!
Miss you tons!

Melanie Sharp said...

Nate and Hill - after a long hiatus I had to return to check in on the Dahle clan! Claire is darling and your photos are awesome. What a great life it is, eh? I'm so glad things are great in VA!

The Bertagnoles said...

Hey Hill, I just wanted to give you the link to our family blog so you can have it on here! Keep up the ballet!!!
-Wendy (Wright) Bertagnole