Wednesday, April 30, 2008

It's a beautiful life

"Dad!!! What are you thinking not posting in such a long time? You are going to lose your fan base and people will forget about me!!! I offer an apology on behalf of my silly father. I will make sure he gets back to the camera and back to the blog. I love you all." Claire


"Okay dad. It's cool. I'll forgive you this time, but only if you forgive me for eating everything that I can get my hands on. I love you." Claire
I have been wanting to post recently but we just haven't had the chance to take some good pictures. I feel like my blogging fans deserve good pictures. Right now, Hill is sewing pillows and I am updating the blog. We have an exciting life. We actually do have a very exciting month ahead of us so look forward to some good things. We go to the Outer Banks, NC next week and back to SLC for Seth and Leeah's wedding in just over 3 weeks. We couldn't be more excited for both.


Claire continues to develop such a sweet personality. I have to share a funny story. Moms will laugh. Last Saturday I dropped Hillory and April at the Stake Center for Enrichment and took Claire to Wal-Mart for a grocery shopping trip. Since we were near the Super Wal, we decided to buy groceries for the month - since the cost of everything seems to continue to climb. The first ten minutes went well, but after that, not so well. Claire has recently found her scream. She doesn't scream because she's mad or sad - she just screams. So I am just walking the aisles with this little girl screaming. Of course I can't get her to stop, so I pick her up. But then I can't drive the cart because it is completely full. At that moment I decide to just wrap up the trip and finish later when I have Hill's help. So we check out and make our way to the car where my plan is to feed Claire in her carseat while we wait for mom to finish. Claire the starts spitting out her food all over the car and she is still screaming. Dad then had a brilliant idea. I brought the shopping cart back over and plopped Claire down in the seat. I then proceeded to feed the little stinker in the Wal-Mart parking lot. It actually went pretty well. We picked up mom, went to dinner, and finished our shopping. Dad looks forward to further shopping trips with his little girl.


In fact, every evening Dad and Claire go on a dog hunt. We walk around our apartment complex and look for dogs. On a good night we see 2-3 dogs and if we are lucky we can get one to stop so we can pet it. Claire is actually kinda scared of touch new things, so getting her to touch the dog of her own accord is difficult (of note Claire has really struggled with the new shag rug we just purchased - she hates to touch it with her little hands). Dad looks forward to many dog hunts with his little girl.


Hill has so many fun moments with our little girl. This morning Hill woke up to Claire's crying. She went into get her and found her slumped in the corner of the crib, with grown-up tears streaming down her face and all 3, yes 3, of her binkies on the floor. Only a mama could console such a sad face.


Hill loves sea gulls. She wants to frame this picture for our room. Kinda strange.

6 comments:

nate and hill said...

Nate makes me so mad sometimes. I'm sure he's going to land me a spot in the nut house if he keeps it up. -I've never seen that bird before in my life.

Anonymous said...

Hill I never new your fascination with gulls. There are plenty of lake gulls (The state bird f.y.i) here. I love the new pics of Claire. I was anxiously waiting for an update, I can't wait to see you in person!

Al said...

I love the new pics! Thanks for the update. I'll have to send you the pics from my trip so you can blog about Claire's first trip to the pool.

Papa Norm said...

Hillory, you and Brenda have something in common, she loves gulls. I'll see what I can do to get the picture framed. We are anxiously waiting for your arrival at the end of the month. Brenda leaves Sat. for a 5 day trip to LA to visit Michele. It's party time!! Great pictures and I'm getting awful anxious to hold my June Bug. I'm taking most of the week off while you're here. You're the best. Love you.

Anonymous said...

Hi Hill,
It's me Carly. I am using my sister's blogger page. I was so excited to get your letter. Claire is beautiful! I wanted to get her a gift when I heard you were pregnant. But I never sent it, and now it isn't useful. If there is anything that she needs or likes, that she doesn't have, please tell me!!!
Have you ever heard of squeaky shoes? If/when she starts trying to walk, I would love to get her some. I love them, they are GREAT!!!
Anyway, I haven't talked to you in forever and I have so much I could talk about. So I will end. Here is my email address. Drop me a note!
carlycoulsby@cox.net
Talk to you later,
Carly

RickAndGina said...

Hill, its GINA!!!!!! How are you? You look like you have such a cute little family started. I am so happy for you. You are darling and your little Claire is beautiful. Keep in touch.