Saturday, March 29, 2008

Happy Easter!

It has been another great week for the Dahle family here in Virginia. Claire has had a rough couple of days however. But she has pulled through like a champ.

1) On thursday we were taking some pictures of Claire with one of our friends. She was standing up next to a barn when she lost her balance. Her face got to know the side of barn. She was a little scraped up.



2) Today she was standing up holding onto one of our chairs. Hill told me to watch her closely as she had just a couple days ago fallen over and pulled the chair on top of her. Well, right after telling me to watch her closely, Hill proceeded to talk to me and I was paying attention to her. Sure enough, Claire fell over and pulled the chair down on top of her. She has a mean bruise over her eye.

We promise we are trying to be good parents. I know that Hill takes her injuries a little harder than I do.

We had a great Easter weekend. We just spent time as a family.


Claire was so excited to wake up and see if the Easter Bunny had come. Turns out that only one Easter Bunny came and papa Easter Bunny didn't know that he was supposed to be Easter Bunny to mama Easter Bunny. Not to worry, mama Easter Bunny still loves papa Easter Bunny and papa Easter Bunny know that mama Easter Bunny loves a good Easter present (turns out mom knew that dad would fall through and bought herself a gift).

Here is papa Easter Bunny and his trusty sidekick Claire searching high and low for their Easter presents.


Dad and Claire enjoy the fruits of their Easter hunt. Mama found a great book about Small the fox who was grim and grumpy.

Claire looked so cute for church. We stopped at the grounds at UVa on the way to church for a few pictures(amazingly we were on time).

Our church services were wonderful. We are so grateful to be able to celebrate the Atonement of our Savior as a family. These holidays really make us realize how much we miss our families and how grateful we are for them. We did however have a fabulous Easter dinner with our friends, the Richins. Ham, potato salad, Gourmet mac and cheese, rolls, green salad. mmmmmmmm! And then we topped it off with some Strawberry Shortcake. It was a great Easter weekend.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love the Easter pics, I hope Claire has recovered from her choking incidence!
I miss you guys a ton, glad I was the first one to post!

Anonymous said...

Well I just typed an epilogue and then somehow didn't save it. I'll try again.
Grandpa Carter is sitting here taunting me Claire because he's coming to see you and I don't get to. Grandma is now crying...I can hardly stand to see you waving and hear you say mama on the phone without crying lately!
Oh Nate, by the way, I have had to get my own Easter gift every year for 31 years...Don't follow in Grandpa Carter's footsteps unless Hill likes getting her own gift of course.
Can't wait to see you all, I even told Grandpa that I didn't want to take anymore trips unless they were to see Claire...Hope I can hold to that. Luv ya, La Nona

nate and hill said...

We had to enable our comment moderation due to a potentially inappropriate comment. Your comments will post once they have been approved by the high blog master. we love you comments and we hope you keep them coming

Al said...

I hope you guys can keep Claire in good health until I get to come out and see her. I don't like the sound of all these "accidents". (I hope putting "accidents" on here doesn't effect whether my comment gets approved).

Amy & Mark said...

So fun to get caught up on your blog! I love the Easter pictures!